About Us

Founded in 1940 by Jack Yardley, we were one of the first petrol stations in the area to have a drive on forecourt. By 1960, the small wooden garage had been replaced with the purpose built workshop that is still in use today.

Michael Yardley, (Jacks son) took over the repairs side of the company, whilst the petrol station was run by David Abbott, (Jacks son in law). Over the following years the business expanded further, with bigger workshops and a body repair shop, the latest introduction to the site being the Class 5 Test Lane which was added in 1993 shortly followed by Car and Van Self-Drive Hire from 1995. With David Abbott's retirement in 2001, the forecourt and shop closed.

After the sudden death of Michael Yardley in 2003 the company was passed on to Nigel Yardley, with the removal of the petrol pumps, canopy and several walls, we have now created an open plan reception office with disabled access and a comfortable waiting area providing refreshments.